3 ingredient pumpkin spice muffins are a quick and easy way to kickstart pumpkin season. With the help of a cake mix, you are quickly on your way to warm delicious pumpkin muffins!Jump to Recipe
Well, I can’t deny it anymore. Fall has come here to the Midwest. I had been hoping it was maybe just a bit of a cold snap and we would warm back up to a few more weeks of summer, but I don’t think that’s going to be the case. I bought my first jug of apple cider and have been dunking my tea bag in it all week (try it, it’s delicious). It’s time to crack out the pumpkin and start some fall baking. Remember these two ingredient muffins? These are a variation my aunt told me about. I realized it was totally brilliant and had to share.
All that is required is a bowl, a spoon, and a muffin pan.
Quick tip: use a cookie scoop (affiliate link) to scoop this super thick batter into your muffin tins, then you won’t have as much of the rough, uneven look (like mine) from using a spoon to scoop the batter.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- muffin pan
- mixing bowl and spoon
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons raw or sparkling sugar for the tops of the muffins
- In a large bowl stir together cake mix and pumpkin puree.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray generously with cooking spray. Fill liners 2/3 full with batter.
- If desired, sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes. Be sure to test for doneness with a toothpick. Baked goods with pumpkin are notorious for staying raw in the middle.
Looking for other pumpkin recipes? You might want to try these pumpkin spice latte cupcakes (there is cream cheese frosting involved). Try this pumpkin cinnamon swirl bread for something a little more challenging!