I didn’t really know what to call these. I ended up on Dessert Nachos because you can pull them apart and each cracker is full of chocolaty, caramely, nutty goodness. My sister, thought, nailed it. She said they tasted like a combination between a turtle and a Heath bar. This was literally one of the most delicious and easiest dessert I have ever made.
Look at that gooey goodness. And total preparation takes less than 20 minutes. Perfect, just perfect.
- 1 cup butter salted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 43 club crackers
- 1 12 ounce bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped, toasted pecans
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar together. Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Seriously, do it. You will regret it otherwise. So, like I was saying, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and then line the parchment paper with the club crackers. Pour the boiling caramel over the crackers. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes or until the crackers start floating.
- To toast the pecans, spread them over their own rimmed baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until pecans are fragrant. Those little beasts will burn in a blink of an eye, so be careful.
- Pull the pan out of the oven and immediately pour pecans and chocolate chips over the caramel. Allow to cool and pull apart at the cracker lines. Enjoy!