These adorable pumpkin spice bites are the perfect little snack. Made with just two ingredients, they are super fast to whip up. Enjoy naked or with a dollop of cream cheese buttercream!Jump to Recipe
Ok, so basically these are the same recipe I published on Wednesday. But here’s the thing. Now they are bite sized and have frosting. Better right?
The cool part is if you make a batch of these pumpkin spice muffins, all you have to do is leave a bit of batter at the bottom of your bowl and scoop it out onto a cookie sheet. Frost them with that leftover frosting in your freezer. (You do have leftover frosting in your freezer, right? I’m not the only baking weirdo who does that, am I?)
Instant dessert/snack/breakfast/whatever floats your boat. Or, you can make the whole batch into bites and have a million of these little guys floating around, begging you to pop one in your mouth. Both are good choices. It’s all about choices.
Pumpkin Spice Bites
- 1 spice cake mix
- 1-15 ounce can pumpkin
- Stir together cake mix and pumpkin.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Cream Cheese Buttercream
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- If using a stand mixer, fit with paddle attachment, cream together cream cheese and butter until smooth and well blended. By well blended, I mean that there are no lumpy butter bits.
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat until well blended.
- SLOWLY (I cannot stress this enough-it will be like a snowstorm in your kitchen if you pour that powdered sugar in too fast) add in the powdered sugar, beating to combine.