Great things about these chocolate peanut butter chunk cookies:
- I love that these cookies come together quickly and easily in one bowl with one spoon. You can whip up a batch when you have unexpected guess or you for got you were supposed to bring treats to work tomorrow.
- There are only 5 ingredients, because we use the chocolate cake mix to provide us with the flour and sugar and cocoa powder in one convenient package.
- Because of the cake mix, they are moist and chewy cookies, a little bit like a cross between a cupcake and a traditional cookie.
- They are sort of an inside out version of these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
Notes about chocolate cookies:
In my experience, it’s tricky to tell when a chocolate cookie is finished baking. I typically rely on the browning of the bottom of the cookies to help determine when they are done, but that does not work for a chocolate cookie.
For chocolate cookies, I rely on the look of the top, you want the top of the cookie to look mostly dry and a little bit cracked. You don’t want it to be shiny on top.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1boxchocolate cake mix
- 1/2cuppeanut butter
- 1bagpeanut butter chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, milk, peanut butter and eggs. Stir until batter is thoroughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoonful onto a parchment lined/greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool and enjoy. Preferably with a glass of milk.
I clearly have a deep passion for the chocolate and peanut butter combination. If you’re as obsessed as I am, you might want to try my chocolate peanut butter buttercream, peanut butter pizza, and chocolate peanut butter mini cupcakes.