Adorable ghost mini cupcakes made with chocolate chips are the easiest little Halloween treat! A really fun treat to make with the kids or just for yourself!
Ok, these are basically the easiest Halloween treat I have ever made. The trickiest part is keeping your fingers out of the frosting. Which is actually a tricky part. Something that helps-kitchen tweezers. A pretty cheap investment if you’re looking to do some light to extreme decorating with tiny objects.
Do I have to make the cupcakes from scratch?
Heck no! The above cupcakes are my applesauce cupcake batter put into a mini muffin pan and swirled with cream cheese frosting. They are delicious and would be a good choice if you have the time, however, you can make mini cupcakes from a box mix or even just buy mini cupcakes from the grocery store that are frosted with white frosting.
Do I need a fancy piping tip?
Nope! I used a Wilton 1A tip but simply cutting of the end of a piping bag or the tip of a ziploc bag will yield similar swirl results.
How to Make Mini Ghost Cupcakes
- Bake mini cupcakes and allow to cool completely.
- Using a wide open piping tip (like the Wilton 1A, make a swirl of frosting on each cupcake going upward as you pipe (you want a tall mound of frosting.
- For each cupcake, place two mini chocolate chips backward (so the pointy side is into the frosting) into the frosting about 3/4 of the way up. These are the eyes.
- Place one regular size chocolate chip below the “eyes”. Also place this chocolate chip “backward” so the pointy side goes into the frosting.
- Repeat for remaining cupcakes.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!