I got this fantastic recipe from my friend who has given birth to two babies and is expecting her third. She also babysits a couple of toddlers on the side like it’s no big deal. She is, what I would consider, an expert on how to caffeinate yourself quickly and efficiently. I was surprised how much this tastes like an iced coffee from a coffee shop, it had taken virtually zero effort on my part.
The best part, is this recipe is totally customizable with good results. Don’t drink cow’s milk, cool, switch it out with soy or coconut. I make it all the time with decaf Via packets and no cream. Sometimes I need a little more boost so I add more coffee. The trick is the three ice cubes. Any more and the coffee can get too watery. Less than that and it takes too long to chill the milk.
Super Easy Iced Coffee
- 3 teaspoons instant coffee or 1-2 Starbucks Via packets
- 1-3 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- In a small container with a lid that seals, combine instant coffee, sugar, and enough water to make everything wet (1-2 tablespoons).
- Seal container and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- In a drinking glass, toss in 3 ice cubes and fill glass 3/4 full with milk.
- Dump the coffee mixture into the milk and stir.
Post contains affiliate links that will give me a commission if you purchase something at no additional cost to you. Thanks for helping to keep me in butter and sugar.