Originally published back in 2013 but now when so many of us are making our own coffee at home, I thought it deserved a reboot. Still my favorite iced coffee recipe.
This 3 ingredient super easy iced coffee is the perfect thing when you’re in a hurry for your caffeine fix in the morning. You can save money and avoid going out for your coffee run with just a few simple ingredients.Jump to Recipe
I got this fantastic recipe from my friend who has given birth to four babies. She also babysits a couple of other kids on the side like it’s no big deal. She is, what I would consider, an expert on how to caffeinate yourself quickly and efficiently. I was surprised how much this tastes like an iced coffee from a coffee shop, it had taken virtually zero effort on my part.
How to customize your iced coffee
- use non-dairy milk-I use regular milk because that’s what I like, but I’ve made it for other people using almond and coconut milk with excellent results
- add some flavored creamer-just like you would in your regular coffee, simply swap out a couple tablespoons of the milk for your favorite flavored creamer
- use decaf instant coffee-this is my personal favorite because too much caffeine doesn’t work for me
- add in a swirl of chocolate syrup-or caramel or whatever floats your boat for that extra special flavor
The trick is the three ice cubes. Any more and the coffee can get too watery. Less than that and it takes too long to chill the milk.
Super Easy Iced Coffee
- 3 teaspoons instant coffeeor 1-2 Starbucks Via packets
- 1-3teaspoonsgranulated sugar
- 1 1/2cupsmilk
- In a small container with a lid that seals, combine instant coffee, sugar, and enough water to make everything wet (1-2 tablespoons).
- Seal container and shake vigorously for 30 seconds or until foamy.
- In a drinking glass, toss in 3 ice cubes and fill glass 3/4 full with milk.
- Dump the coffee mixture into the milk and stir.
Post contains affiliate links that will give me a commission if you purchase something at no additional cost to you. Thanks for helping to keep me in butter and sugar.
Enjoy making your own drinks? Try this homemade chai tea concentrate-use cold milk and a couple ice cubes to make and iced chai tea latte! Or maybe try making your own homemade chocolate syrup-no Hershey’s needed!
If you’d like a copy of my FREE baker’s pantry checklist, sign up below and I’ll send it to you. I like to print a copy and keep it inside my pantry so I know what I have and what I need from the store.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!