Sweet and salty peanut butter bark is the perfect easy homemade food gift for the peanut butter lovers in your life! Chocolate and peanut butter swirled together and studded with all kinds of sweet and salty goodness!
*This post contains some affiliate links that as an Amazon Associate pay me a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for helping keep me in flour and sugar. See my disclosure policy here.
Bark is one of the easiest but well loved homemade food gifts. If you have about 15 minutes and you know how to melt chocolate in the microwave-you can make this peanut butter bark. Plus it makes a ton. Break it up into chunks and add it to a cookie plate or stick it in a pretty bag and you have a perfect food gift to drop off with all your friends and family.
Ingredients needed for sweet and salty peanut butter bark:
- Chocolate chips-I used a mixture of 1/2 semi-sweet and 1/2 milk chocolate chips, I think straight milk chocolate are a little too sweet on their own but the mixture was divine. We’re pressing the easy button here and using chocolate chips instead of using melting chocolate or tempering our own chocolate. Consequently, the finished bark will always be just a little soft.
- Peanut butter chips-for contrast and to pump up the peanut butter flavor!
- Coconut oil or shortening-peanut butter chips don’t melt as smoothly as chocolate chips so a dab of coconut oil or shortening in with them while they are being melted helps smooth everything out.
- Toppings!-I used roasted, salted peanuts, chopped Reese’s cups, Reese’s Pieces, and chopped up pretzels but this is YOUR bark so you can add more or less or swap out as desired.
How long is peanut butter bark good for:
It will store nicely in your fridge for up to a month. If you can keep yourself from eating it all.
How should I store it?
Because we aren’t tempering our chocolate and the chocolate remains a little bit soft, I like to store mine in a freezer bag in the fridge. You can also put it in an airtight container and simply leave it on the counter as well.
How to package it for gifting:
I personally would put it into cellophane bags and tie it with a pretty ribbon but you could also pile it in a cookie tin, put it on a cookie plate or even in a candy jar to gift it. How sweet would it be to leave a box of this bark wrapped in a ribbon on your neighbor’s porch?
Sweet and Salty Peanut Butter Bark
- Sheet pan
- 112 ouncebag of chocolate chipsmilk chocolate or semi-sweet
- 1cuppeanut butter chips
- 1teaspooncoconut oil or shortening
- 1/2cupsalted peanutsoptional
- 1/2cuppretzel piecesoptional
- 1/2 cupReese's pieces candyoptional
- 1/2cupchopped Reese's cupsoptional
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips by microwaving at 30 second intervals and stirring between each interval.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter chips and coconut oil (or shortening).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or wax paper, pour the melted dark chocolate and spread thin.
- Plop spoonfuls of the melted peanut butter chips on top of the melted chocolate. Swirl the peanut butter chips into the chocolate.
- Sprinkle peanuts, pretzels, chopped Reese's and Reese's pieces on top.
- Chill for 15-20 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Break into pieces and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!