One of the most satisfying work day morning breakfasts for me is Greek yogurt with some homemade granola mixed in. The cool and creamy melding with the crunchy and sweet is so delightful. Plus, it is a quick and easy breakfast. The best part of this granola, is that it is fairly adaptable depending on what you have floating around your pantry.
Homemade Granola adapted from The Dahlia Bakery Cookbook
Servings 6 cups
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup almond pieces
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice or juice from 1 orange
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, stir together rolled oats, steel cut oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas, shredded coconut, and brown sugar.
- Drizzle oil, maple syrup, orange juice, cinnamon and vanilla over the oat mixture.
- Prepare a large baking sheet (or two smaller sheets) with parchment paper. Spread the oat mixture on the baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for about an hour.
- Stir the mixture around about every 15 minutes or so. When the oat mixture is dry and crispy, remove from the oven. Allow to cool.
- Once the oat mixture is cool, stir in dried fruit. Place in an airtight container and enjoy.