Ah, we’re in the home stretch. The last day for free shipping is upon us. Our presents are wrapped, our holiday baking is done, all that is left is to relax and enjoy the holidays…
Unless your me. Then, none of those things have happened and you are still scrambling to come up with something to make for your mom’s Christmas and then something else to make for your aunt’s Christmas. All this while still wrapping gifts and attending parties and ignoring how sticky your kitchen is.
These cookies are for you. They are easy and festive and everyone likes a chocolate chip cookie.
M&M Pretzel Cookies
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 2/3 c. margarine
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1 c. white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-12 ounce bag M&Ms
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pretzels
- Beat together shortening and margarine.
- Add in sugars.
- Beat to combine.
- Add in eggs and vanilla. Beat to combine.
- Add in whole wheat flour and all purpose flour and mix slowly to combine.
- Fold in M&Ms and pretzels.
- Scoop tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. Leave a lot of room between cookies. They will spread like crazy.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes or until the bottoms are just starting to turn brown. My family prefers cookies on the gooier side, so I tend to try and err on the side of caution by pulling them out a bit early. However, if you like crunchy cookies, leave them in.
To make things a little easier in the kitchen, I’ve created a handy printable conversion chart (cause honestly, who can remember how many teaspoons are in a tablespoon?). Sign up below and I’ll send it to you!