These 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins are the easiest treat you’ll make all fall. Feel free to turn them into cupcakes with a little cream cheese frosting!Jump to Recipe
For me, October kicks off the beginning of the holiday baking season. The weather has finally cooled down to a temperature where you can tolerate turning on the oven and cute, cozy recipes are everywhere you look.
These muffins couldn’t be easier, they are just two ingredients. One of the ingredients being yellow cake mix makes one wonder if these are actually muffins and not cupcakes, but, I didn’t frost them so I fell they fall firmly in the muffin camp. I first saw these on Pinterest and after clicking a million times, the original recipe is from The Big Red Kitchen (who, for the record, believes it is cake) and makes a tasty looking apple cider glaze for the top.
Tips for success:
- Use a mixer-this batter is incredibly thick and while it’s fine to stir it by hand, you’ll get a smoother finished product with a mixer. Plus, cake mixes are designed to be mixed.
- Use a cookie scoop-again-super thick batter-the cookie scoop helps get even amounts of batter into your cupcake pan.
- Line your muffin pan with cupcake wrappers or grease REALLY well.
- Allow to cool only 5 minutes in the muffin pan-then pull them out and let them cool on a cooling rack. Otherwise you’ll get soggy bottomed muffins (this tip also works for cupcakes).
Ways to customize your 2 ingredient pumpkin muffins:
- Use a different flavor cake mix-spice cake mix or even chocolate cake mix would be excellent choices
- Add a swirl of cream cheese frosting and make them a true cupcake
- Sprinkle with some crumble topping before baking
- Sprinkle with coarse sugar before baking
- Add in some mini chocolate chips (or regular size ones-I’m not the boss of you)
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins (or Cupcakes)
- muffin pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix I used Pilsbury
- 1 15 ounce can pumpkin I used Libby’s
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin pan with cupcake wrappers or grease with Baker's Joy.
- Dump ingredients in bowl and stir together.
- Scoop large tablespoons full into muffin pan prepared with cupcake wrappers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes and then pull out of pan and place on cooling rack to finish cooling.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!