My mom, sister, and I all like to hang out. And, in the summer, hanging out would often involve a bowl of ice cream. The only trouble is, as the years have worn on, regular ice cream doesn’t agree with all of us anymore. So when I learned that you can make ice cream out of coconut milk instead, I was all about it.
Three ingredients. That is all it takes to make cool, creamy, dairy free ice cream. There are about a thousand ways you can make this coconut milk ice cream your own. Add in brown sugar and pineapple for a bit of a piña colada flavor. Or maybe some roasted strawberries are more your style. No matter which way you churn it, your belly will thank you.
3 Ingredient Coconut Milk Ice Cream
Sweet creamy, dairy free ice cream that only takes 3 ingredients
Servings 1 pint
- 3 cups Coconut Cream you can use full fat coconut milk if you can’t find coconut cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, stir together 1 1/2 cups coconut cream and granulated sugar until sugar is fully dissolved.
- Remove from heat. Pour hot sugar/cream mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add in remaining coconut cream and vanilla extract. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or overnight.
- The next day, churn according to your ice cream makers directions. Freeze for 2-3 hours until solid. Enjoy.