Chocolaty brownie bites with light and fluffy peanut butter mousse filling are the perfect antidote to your peanut butter chocolate craving.
I have a deep love of peanut butter pie. I find it to be creamy, peanut buttery perfection. The trouble with peanut butter pie-it’s not super portable. I was looking for a dessert that had all the good parts of peanut butter pie-the fluffy peanut butter filling! the chocolate! (ok, those were really the two main parts) but was easy to take to a party without the need for fussy things like plates and forks and knowing how to make ganache.
Enter: these brownie bites. We make it nice and easy by adapting a box of mix and pressing it into a mini muffin pan. Then, we’re going to use a 1/2 batch of our already awesome peanut butter pie filling to fill up those brownie bites so they become the perfect, two bite treat.
Can I use natural peanut butter?
No. Natural peanut butter is made from just ground peanuts. There is no added hydrogenated oil and (typically) no added salt or sugar. Now, for general eating, natural is probably the way to go, but for our purposes, we need the fat and the salt and the sugar to make it taste super good.
Do I need a piping bag/tip?
Nope! You can just dollop the peanut butter mousse onto your brownie bites with a spoon if that’s what you have. OR you can load your peanut butter mousse into a Ziploc baggie and snip the end off and pipe a swirl of the peanut butter mousse onto the brownie bites.
But, if you have a piping tip, go ahead and use it. It will make things just a little easier. (Don’t know how to use a piping bag/put a piping tip in your bag? Learn how here. I promise, it’s super easy)
Brownie Bites with Peanut Butter Mousse
- Piping Bag (optional)
- Piping Tip Wilton 8B (optional)
- Mini Muffin Pan
- 1 18 ounce brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
Peanut Butter Mousse
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease mini muffin pan cups (or line with mini muffin wrappers if you prefer)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together brownie mix, eggs, and milk. The batter will be thick.
- Plop batter by the tablespoonful into the cups of the mini muffin pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
Peanut Butter Mousse
- If using a stand mixer, fit with paddle attachment.
- Beat together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add in powdered sugar and beat to combine.
- Add in vanilla extract and beat to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in Cool Whip.
- If using, fit a piping bag with a Wilton 8B tip. Fill piping bag with peanut butter mousse and pipe swirls of mousse onto the brownie bites. Enjoy!
If you like peanut butter and chocolate sweets, you might want to try these chocolate stout cupcakes with peanut butter buttercream or maybe these peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
If you love baking cookies, sign up below and I’ll send you my new ebook with 13 of my favorite cookie recipes for free!
The Perfect Cookie (affiliate link)