Honey peanut butter ice cream sauce is the perfect thing warmed and poured over ice cream or as a sweet dip for apples.Jump to Recipe
This honey peanut butter sauce tastes like peanut butter fudge poured in a jar. Pretty much because it is peanut butter fudge poured into a jar. Keep a jar in your fridge for your ice cream sundae needs or pour it in a pretty jar and gift it to a friend or neighbor (who is not allergic to peanut butter obviously).
Can I make honey peanut butter sauce in the microwave instead of on the stove?
You sure can. The instructions are pretty much the same: microwave the honey, sugar, corn syrup and butter in a microwave safe bowl until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture it boiling. You may have to do this in intervals (microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for another minute, stir) until the mixture is boiling. Then stir in peanut butter and vanilla and you’ve got your peanut butter sauce!
Let’s talk peanut butter sauce ingredients:
- corn syrup-we add in the corn syrup which acts as a “doctoring agent” for our candy. It helps prevent the sugar from re-crystallizing so that our sauce is smooth and adds a slightly chewy stretchy texture that we want in a sauce.
- peanut butter-use regular peanut butter here. Natural peanut butter has a tendency to separate from the oil and we want to keep everything nice and smooth.
- honey-is there a better combination than peanut butter and honey? Honey adds sweetness and flavor. Use a mild honey like clover honey that compliments the peanut butter rather than overpowers it.
- butter-for added flavor and fat
- sugar-the cooked sugar makes the syrup which in conjunction with the corn syrup makes it “saucy”
- vanilla-bonus flavor crystals
Ways to use your honey peanut butter sauce:
While my favorite way to eat it is poured over a bowl of ice cream (maybe with some hot fudge sauce too) there are many ways to eat your peanut butter sauce.
- drizzled over waffles or pancakes
- poured over cheesecake
- swirled into brownies (make these brownies but use this peanut butter sauce instead of the caramel sauce)
- dip your apples
- straight from the jar with a spoon (no judgement)
Honey Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add corn syrup, honey, sugar, and butter to a heavy, medium sized saucepan.
- Heat over medium high heat, stirring until combined. Allow to cook until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is boiling, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add peanut butter and vanilla and stir until combined. Enjoy now or store in a jar.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!
If you loved this post, share it on Facebook or Pinterest!