Lean how to make these super easy creamy lemonade slushies. All it requires is 2 ingredients, ice and a blender and you are on your way to the perfect refreshing summertime drink.
I’m going to be honest, I was a little hesitant to jump on the creamy lemonade bandwagon. For starters, the name “creamy lemonade” seemed a little bit…icky. Plus, why would I put sweetened condensed milk into my lemonade when sugar worked just fine.
Then I tried it in slushie form and holy cow, it’s like lemon pie in a glass. The blender makes everything thick and creamy and decadent. The best part is that you can make this in about 5 minutes. Even better, it’s easy enough kiddos can make it.
Note: these slushies have a bit of power so feel free to dial back the lemon juice and add in extra water if you’re more of a “hint of lemon” person.
Let’s talk ingredients:
In my video below, I say that it’s only 2 ingredients, but I was called out that there were technically 4 ingredients. But hopefully you already have water and ice at home (maybe you already have everything at home).
- Lemon Juice-I use bottled. If you have a thing against bottled lemon juice, feel free to squeeze your own lemons. It should take you somewhere between 5-7 lemons to get 2 cups of juice depending on the size. I was going for EASY. Plus, I happen to think bottled lemon juice in lemonade tastes just fine.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk–Sweetened condensed milk is milk where much of the water has been removed AND sugar has been added. It’s thick and slightly more yellow looking and super sweet. (Don’t confuse it with evaporated milk, which has no sugar added-we need that sweetener today!).
- Ice-put your ice in the blender before you put your liquid in. I didn’t do that in the video and it was a little bit sloppy to put it in at the end.
How To Make Creamy Lemonade Slushies:
- In the pitcher of your blender, add in 2 cups of ice.
- Pour in your can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour in your lemon juice.
- Add in water and more ice if desired. (You can leave out the water if you want to put a lot of ice in for a super icy slushie).
- Blend and enjoy!
Creamy Lemonade Slushie
- 1 11 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups ice
- In the pitcher of a blender add in roughly 2 cups ice.
- Pour in can of sweetened condensed milk.
- Pour in lemon juice (I use bottled lemon juice because it's easy).
- Add in 1 cup water.
- Blend until smooth. You may want to add in more ice depending on how "slushie" you want it.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!
If you loved this post, share it on Facebook or Pinterest!
To make things a little easier in the kitchen, I created a handy kitchen conversion chart. Sign up below and I’ll send it to you for free. Print it out and stick it in the front of your recipe book or to the inside of your pantry for easy kitchen conversions.