These peanut butter Rice Krispie treats are a perfect combination of the marshmallowy treat we all know and love smashed together with the right amount of peanut butter and chocolate!
Tips For Success:
There isn’t really much you need to know to make a successful Rice Krispie treat, but the microwave likes to burn things unexpectedly.
- Pause the microwave about every 30 seconds while melting the marshmallows and peanut butter and give everything a good stir.
- Review how to melt chocolate in the microwave. Burned chocolate is the worst. Also be sure you don’t have any water in your chocolate bowl, water will cause chocolate to seize up and then you have a mess.
- Remember to grease your pan. Not kidding even a little about this. From what I can tell by watching “Nailed It“, forgetting to grease your pan is maybe the number one new baker mistake.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 package large marshmallows
- 7 cups crisp rice cereal
- In a microwave safe bowl, dump in butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows.
- Microwave on high for about 2 minutes, stopping in the middle to give it a stir.
- You want your marshmallow and peanut butter to be melted but not burned, so it may take less time in your microwave. Stir in Rice Krispies.
- Press in to a GREASED (I cannot stress that word enough) 9×13 inch pan.
- Allow to cool and frost with chocolate peanut butter frosting.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Frosting
- 2-12 ounce packages milk chocolate chips*
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter not natural
- In a microwave safe bowl, dump in chocolate chips and peanut butter. Microwave on high for 30 second intervals stirring between each interval until chocolate chips are melted. Spread on Rice Krispie treats.