I have a real love/hate relationship with mini muffins. On the one hand, they are lovely to just pop into your mouth. On the other hand, a recipe typically makes, oh, about a million and I am standing around scooping tiny amounts of batter into tiny cupcake wrappers for ages.
This recipe, however, is designed to make minis. Only about 2 dozen, which happens to be exactly how many my mini muffin tin will hold. (OK, maybe the recipe makes like 26 or 28 and maybe the batter was so good that I didn’t bother with a second round of muffins and just scraped the bowl). And they really do taste like little pecan pies.
Pecan Pie Mini Muffins
- 1cupbrown sugar
- 1/2cupwhole wheat flour
- 1cupchopped pecans
- In a large bowl stir together melted butter and eggs.
- Add in brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Stir in flour until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
- Line mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake papers or grease well.
- Dollop teaspoonfuls of batter into cupcake liners until about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from pan as soon as possible (unless you did not use cupcake liners, in which case you should let them cool)