Learn how to make carrot cake cookies with this easy recipe that uses cake mix! Then slather these spiced cookies with cream cheese frosting and enjoy!Jump to Recipe
Carrot cake seems to be one of those love it or hate it kind of cakes. I don’t know how anyone can hate it really, it’s a moist, spiced cake usually topped with cream cheese frosting (which is actually the best kind of frosting). These cookies take the best parts of carrot cake and save you the hassle of actually making a carrot cake from scratch. In fact, all you have to do is dump the ingredients into a bowl, stir them up, and scoop them onto your cookie sheet. No chilling or mixer required!
Ingredients needed for our cookies:
- Carrot Cake Cake Mix-this stuff is seasonal so keep your eyes peeled in the grocery store
- Egg-to bind everything together and create structure in our cookies
- Milk-to moisten the dough
Ingredients needed for our frosting:
- Cream cheese-softened. (To soften cream cheese, just get it out of the fridge about 15-20 minutes before you need it. Like when you’re mixing up your cookie dough).
- Powdered sugar-so it’s a nice smooth frosting, not grainy.
- Vanilla extract-for flavor, optional but recommended
Ways to customize your carrot cake cookies:
There are a bunch of ways to take these basic carrot cake cookies and make them your own:
- Toss in a handful of raisins or dried cranberries
- Add in a handful of sweetened shredded coconut
- Throw in a handful of white chocolate chips
- Add in a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts
- Sprinkle sweetened shredded coconut on top
- Drizzle the frosted cookies with some caramel sauce
- Sprinkles, obviously
- Put your cream cheese frosting in between two cookies and turn them into sandwich cookies
Carrot Cake Cookies
- Cookie sheet
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1 box carrot cake mid
- 1/2 cup butter melted melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Cookies
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix, butter, egg and milk until a thick dough forms.
- Using a tablespoon or large cookie scoop, scoop dough onto cookie sheet leaving at least 3 fingers of space between each cookie.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are no longer shiny and the bottoms are just starting to get golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely then frost!
For the Frosting
- If using a stand mixer, fit with paddle attachment.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Slowly pour in powdered sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add in vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Frost cookies with cream cheese frosting. You may have some leftover frosting.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!
If you loved this post, share it on Facebook or Pinterest!