Learn how to make homemade dairy-free coffee creamer with just two ingredients and less than 5 minutes of your time!
*This post contains some affiliate links that as an Amazon Associate pay me a small commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for helping keep me in flour and sugar. See my disclosure policy here.
This recipe was born a little bit out of necessity one day when I’d run out of coffee creamer, and regular cream, and cow’s milk….but had several cans of coconut milk in my pantry. It was easy enough that I whipped it up before work, while my coffee was brewing and it had the added bonus that I knew everything that was in it and it wasn’t going to cause any belly troubles for anyone later on.
- Can of coconut milk-I like a full fat coconut milk because I like my coffee creamer, well, creamy. If you’re really feeling it, you can use coconut cream instead, but I think you get plenty of thickness from the sweetened condensed milk.
- Sweetened condensed coconut milk-pretty much the same thing as regular sweetened condensed milk but it’s made by reducing coconut cream with sugar instead of cow’s milk. You can usually find it right next to the regular sweetened condensed milk (I found mine at Meyer).
- Vanilla extract-totally optional. You can also use a different extract instead if you’re feeling it but I think the vanilla gives it a fancy coconut ice cream flair.
How to make dairy-free coffee creamer:
An immersion blender is my personal preference, only because you can get it out quick and you can blend up your creamer right in the jar you’re going to store it in. However, you can just as easily use a regular blender or a whisk and some elbow grease.
Using an immersion blender:
- Pour coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk (and vanilla extract if using) in a large clean jar.
- Blend together using your immersion blender or whisk.
Using a regular blender:
- Pour coconut milk and sweetened condensed coconut milk (and vanilla extract if using) in the pitcher of your blender.
- Pulse until milks are completely combined.
How long does homemade dairy-free coffee creamer keep?
It should keep a week or two in the refrigerator. I didn’t have any problems with it separating, but if you do, just whisk it back together.
Homemade Dairy-Free Coffee Creamer
- Immersion blender or regular blender (optional)
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 1 11.35 ounce can sweetened condensed coconut milk
- In a large clean jar, pour in coconut milk and the sweetened condensed coconut milk.
- Using your immersion blender or whisk, blend the two milks. The sweetened condensed milk is thick and sticky so if you're using a whisk you may have to beat for a few minutes.
- If using a regular blender, just pour the milks into the pitcher of your regular blender and blend until combined. Pour finished creamer into a clean jar and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe? Tag me @bakincareofbusiness on Instagram so I can see what you made!
If you loved this post, share it on Facebook or Pinterest!