Bright, sweet roasted strawberries folded into homemade ice cream make this roasted strawberry ice cream the perfect treat in during the middle of the hot summer.
Jump to Recipe
Happy Friday! I hope you saved some of those roasted strawberries from earlier in the week because we are going to make some strawberry ice cream. It’s hot and sweaty here in the midwest, let’s make it happen!
Roasted Strawberry Ice Cream
- Ice cream maker
- Food processor
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup roasted strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan mix together 1 cup heavy cream and the granulated sugar. Cook over medium heat until sugar is fully dissolved. In a large bowl, stir together remaining cup of cream, whole milk and vanilla extract. Pour the warm cream and sugar mixture over into the cold cream mixture. Stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Churn ice cream base according to your ice cream maker’s directions. While the base is churning, take roasted strawberries for a spin in the food processor. I left mine a little chunky, but feel free to process to whatever consistency suits you. No food processor, no problem, you will just have larger chunks of strawberry in your ice cream.
- Once the ice cream base is starting to thicken, pour in roasted strawberries and allow the machine to finish churning. Scoop into a freezer safe container and freeze several hours or overnight to harden.